Explorations In Shamanic & Spiritual Plant Medicines - 3 Day Workshop - August 23th to 27th, 2018
For over 25 years, I have been exploring Shamanic & Spiritual aspects of Plant Medicines. I have been an ethnobotanist, clinical herbalist, explorer of states of consciousness, and have travelled to over 30 countries while pursuing this quest.
I would be the first to tell you - I am no Shaman, I don't pretend to be, and frankly have no interest in being one. I have known many, many "real shamans" and even they hardly know what that means.
Mircea Eliade writes, "A first definition of this complex phenomenon, and perhaps the least hazardous, will be: shamanism = 'technique of religious ecstasy'." Shamanism encompasses the premise that shamans are intermediaries or messengers between the human world and the spirit worlds. Shamans are said to treat ailments/illness by mending the soul. Alleviating traumas affecting the soul/spirit restores the physical body of the individual to balance and wholeness. The shaman also enters supernatural realms or dimensions to obtain solutions to problems afflicting the community. Shamans may visit other worlds/dimensions to bring guidance to misguided souls and to ameliorate illnesses of the human soul caused by foreign elements. The shaman operates primarily within the spiritual world, which in turn affects the human world. The restoration of balance results in the elimination of the ailment."
What I am interested in is the techniques of Spiritual and Shamanic plant medicine to go deeper into connection of the self, the Earth and to understand a deeper connection to all that is around me - through ecstasy, through facing the unspoken and to muster the courage to leave the comfort zone for awhile ...
This is not a class of drug taking or some pseudo pretend Shaman dime store sales trip. It is a class of illustrated question asking and exploration, using plant medicine in many forms.
ALL plants are doorways to teaching. ALL plants can produce states that are altered human physiological events, and ALL plants have the potential to answer some of our most pertinent questions.. the ones we are always asking. ALL plants seem to lead back to the one, back to love and back to an almighty.
This is one of my most requested of classes. I am pleased to finally commit to offering it!
Here are some details -
* This is a camping event, with a base camp set up somewhere outside of Silver City, New Mexico. Actual site is subject to change, but for planning purposes, use Silver City, New Mexico as your destination.
* More detailed info will be sent out in the spring of 2018.
* Cost covers everything you will use or need. You just bring your food, transportation and camping equipment.
* I will require some communication from you, after you purchase your spot. Just an email back and forth of desires, expectations, and intent. If for some reason I feel the course may be premature or I am not able to meet desires or expectations, I will refund your money. I will also ask for a disclosure of any health problems that I should be aware of. This is important.
* There will be special guest teachers, perhaps some of my Elders will participate or lead us in teachings. I would ask you to follow my instructions to the letter, especially when working with my Native Elders. We will discuss and have a talk on proper etiquette if this transpires.
This class is about the Spirit of Plant Medicines, the Shamanic tools that help us hear better ourselves and the plants. Tools and techniques that have been used since the beginning of time. Legitimate tools. Safe tools. Empowering tools.
It is a beautiful and exploring class, one that is guided with love, caring, and responsibility. The class will be kept small - ~ 10 spots available.
More information will be added here soon ...